The new generation of manufacturing systems needs technical manpower with a broad education and training, being able to look beyond the borderlines of classical engineering disciplines. One can only get this widened view by appropriate training. Industrial automation has therefore become the most critical technical training and education discipline in the world of vocational training and education. While the industry needs trained manpower, the academic institutes also face the onerous task of gearing up their curricula and laboratories to international standards. It is, therefore, imperative that the industry and the academia join hands and bridge the divide that exists between theory and practice.
In line with this vision, The Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) has set up the VTU – Bosch Rexroth Centre of Competence in Automation Technology at Mysore, India on 26th March, 2007. The center has six state-of-the-art laboratories on Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Sensorics, PLCs, Robotics and Mechatronics. Bosch Rexroth has extended support by granting the licenses, transferring the technical know-how, supplying parts, components and didactic systems. It also extends extensive training support to VTU faculty in their plants in Germany as well as India. Bosch Rexroth has developed a worldwide didactic system for the education on the effective application and efficient use of machines and systems involving the use of its proprietary hardware, courseware and teachware. The joint efforts of VTU and Bosch Rexroth in establishing the training centre has fostered an excellent industry-academic partnership and make a notable contribution to enable India gear up for the global challenges in manufacturing sector.
Fluid flow fundamentals
Components of Hydraulic systems – pumps, motors, valves and accumulators
Hydraulic circuit Building (minimum six circuits involving electro-hydraulics,hydraulic motors and proximity switches.
Maintenance of hydraulic systems.
- Introduction to Pneumatics and its application
- Actuators, drives and control elements.
- Pneumatic circuit building (minimum six circuits involving the following features)
- Direct and Indirect Control of cylinders
- Signal processing in pilot operated pneumatic circuits
- Pneumatic timers
- Use of logic elements and limit switches
- Configuration of a control unit using IndraWorks
- Program design and program structures
- Programming languages AWL, KOP, FBD, AS, ST
- Data types, Instances, Libraries and Editors
- Control unit settings
- Peripheral bus connection
- Practical exercises
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Interface to the PLC, the drive and the operating panel
- Creating new variables
- Creating new teach points
- Input of motion programs on the operating panel
- Teach-in of the positions of the motion program
- Testing the motion program
- Programming a complete motion sequence
- Overview of the instruction set for motion sequences
- Trouble shooting
- Practical exercises
Robotics-Cartesian Motion System(CMS)
- An overview about the basic and extension sensoric kits, teachware and exercises
- Functions of inductive, capacitive, magnetic, ultrasonic and optical types of sensors
- Application for material recognition, distance measurement, switch frequency measurement
- Technical data sheets
- Practice with the set-up, adjustment techniques and measurement interfaces.
- Overview of mechanical, electrical and control componets of the mMS
- Analyzing the technical documentation for functional units of the mMS
- Program development for the mMS projects with ndraWorks/IndraLogic in SFC
- Simulation and visualization of functional modules with IndraLogic
- Assembly and commissioning of the mMS with Master PLC programs,
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis, maintenance.
Modular Mechatronic System (mMS)
Facilities of Equipments available – Hydraulics kits – 10 Nos. Pneumatic kits - 10 Nos. Programmable Logic Controller kits - 10 Nos. Sensoric kits - 10 Nos. Mechatronic kits – 02 Nos. Robotic kits – 02 Nos. Workshop consist each kit of the above Fee structure for - Students§ 3 days training programme in Basic Hydraulics/Pneumatics/Sensorics/PLC/Robotics/Mechatronics @ Rs.1000/- per student § 5 days training programme in Basic Pneumatics/Pneumatics/Sensorics/PLC/Robotics/Mechatronics @ Rs.2000/- per student § 1 day workshop in Basic Hydraulics//Pneumatics/Sensorics/PLC/Robotics/Mechatronics @ Rs.500/- per student Industries§ 5 days training programme in Industrial Hydraulics/Pneumatics/Sensorics/PLC/Robotics/Mechatronics @ Rs.4500/- per participant NOTE: The Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of ‘The Finance Officer, VTU, Belgaum’NOTE: Course material, lunch and refreshments will be provided during the training program. Accommodation will be provided on request with nominal charges as applicable. Contact: Special OfficerVTU – Bosch Rexroth Centre of Competence in Automation TechnologyVTU Mysore Regional Centre,Hanchya Sathagalli Layout (Ring Road)MYSORE – 570 019, INDIATele/fax: 91-821-2582800 Email: